I thought it would be fun to share a couple of random facts about myself along with a snap of my springy ootd featuring my new favorite vegan leather purse. I’m really loving the combination of mustard yellow and terracotta/pink hues lately. Anyway, I haven’t shared very much personal stuff to this point so here we go:
1. I have 3 pets, a rabbit, a chinchilla, and a bearded dragon (strange combo I know). They’ve been with me through college and beyond and they always light up my day. I love the weekends when I get to spend time with them (my beardie girl is napping on my leg as I write this).
2. I’ve been careful to use only products that weren’t tested on animals for a long time now, but I didn’t become obsessed with using natural beauty products until college. I was officially in my 20’s and was frustrated that I still had no control over my skin. I started looking more closely at the ingredients and noticed that the more synthetic the product was the angrier my skin got. The process of cleaning up my beauty and skincare routine has really helped my skin, and while it’s definitely not perfect it’s better than it’s been in years.
3. I love books, like in your hand flip the pages books. I struggle to make the time to read often enough, but I am constantly purchasing new books and have more than I know what do with. My favorite types to read are animal/environmental books, wellness/beauty, decor, and a good fictional novel every once in a while.
4. I don’t have a green thumb, I try because I love plants but somehow they don’t seem to do very well for me, even the ones that are supposed to be pretty easy. It’s been one of my goals for a while to become better at caring for plants as they’re pretty and have plenty of health benefits. For this reason my favorite houseplant is the Snake plant, which is supposedly impossible to kill – so far so good.
5. I really love elephants. They are definitely my favorite wild animal; I am just so amazed by their grace and their empathy towards one another. I dream of traveling to Africa one day to see them in the wild.
There you have it, a few random facts about me 🙂
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!