I am ready to start fresh in 2017 and by that I mean resetting my skin and body and getting back on track with my routine. The holidays take quite a toll and I know that I for one definitely overindulged; it’s hard not to when everyone you love is actually is in one state and there is much celebrating (and eating) to do. My workout routine and eating habits definitely took a hit the last few weeks and while I tried to compensate with my skincare routine, my skin has definitely been feeling the lack of love and has been looking more congested lately.
As I’m sure I am not the only one who needs a reset to get their glow back, this will be the first of several posts dedicated to just that. I thought I’d start out by outlining some simple ways I’m getting back on track; these small changes can really make a difference.
5 Simple Goals for Glowing Skin:
- Increase Water Intake – I’ll be carrying my Bkr water bottle everywhere this month to be sure I’m getting enough water (get one here). Drinking water is such an easy way to flush the holiday’s toxins out of your body.
- More Greens – I’m definitely going to be making more smoothies with spinach in them this month (I’ve got my recipe books all ready to go!); I’ll share what I’m making in a later post. Throw in some berries too for an antioxidant boost.
- Quit sugar – Well maybe not completely, but be more mindful about how much is in your food. Try switching to a natural sweetener instead – I’m finding Cut the Sugar You’re Sweet Enough by Ella Leche to be a great help (find it here).
- Add probiotics to your diet – Healthy gut bacteria = healthy skin (more on this later)
- Take a breath – We all know stress does your skin absolutely no good so take the time to clear your head and your skin will thank you. My go-to is always working out but I’m trying in get in more time for reading this year as well.
Hope these tips are helpful and I’m looking forward to starting the year off right!
Happy New Year!